Chocolate fountains are becoming a popular attraction in parties and other events. Kids and adults alike cannot resist the temptation of dipping different varieties of treats into an overflowing fountain of rich and creamy chocolate fondue.
However, knowing how exactly to utilize this wonderful chocolate machine could make such a positive change between a mouth-watering dessert and a frustrating mess in your kitchen or buffet table. Learning how to use properly also ensures that the party will never be forgotten. Here are a few items that you have to know about utilizing a chocolate fountain. Mini Chocolate Machine
1. Place the device on a solid and steady surface. Be sure that it is placed on a floor that will carry at least 85 lbs. The device itself is light but with the chocolate fondue, fruits, plates and skewers, the whole display might be a lot heavier. Furthermore, a regular and level surface allows the device to run properly and flow evenly.
2. Plug the device which consists of own circuit. Avoid having an extension cord. If this is not possible be sure that no-one will trip over the extension cord by properly taping it to the floor.
3. Provide proper ventilation. Typically, you can find vent holes found on the underside of the machine. Avoid blocking these areas with linen or other materials to avoid over-heating.
4. Assemble the fountain in line with the user’s manual. But first, remember to wash all the components before putting everything together. Before pouring chocolate fondue however bowl, test the device first minus the chocolate to ensure that it’s in working condition.
5. Melt the chocolate. There are three ways to get this done, in the microwave, on the stove top and in the basin or reservoir. When melting chocolate on a stove top, work with a double boiler and put it over a low heat. Constantly stir the chocolate in order to avoid burning.
If you select to melt the chocolate in a microwave, don’t let it running for too long. Set the microwave on low heat, and then place the chocolate in a ‘microwaveable’ bowl. Run the microwave for 30 seconds. Take away the bowl, stir and repeat the process until you get the specified consistency.
On another hand, when melting chocolate in the machine’s basin, you need to stir the chocolate constantly every three to five minutes. Remember that basin melting typically takes up to at least one hour to completely melt the chocolate depending on the level of chocolate used and how big the machine.
6. Closely monitor the chocolate. Both basin-melted and pre-melted chocolate requires careful monitoring on the very first time that they are poured into fountain. Frequently stir the chocolate and spoon it towards the auger or the middle to begin the device flowing with liquid chocolate.
7. Prepare the dippers.You should use pound cake, marshmallows, cookies dried apricot, meringue, strawberries, banana pieces and more. When using fruits, wash and then dry them up so the chocolate will adhere to them. In addition, you have to be sure that the dippers are cut into bite size pieces so they can be individually skewered.